Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Elf on the Shelf

If you have never heard of Elf on the Shelf it is awesome. I first heard of this from my friend Jill when she got it for her oldest son. The Elf sits somewhere in your house and at night goes up to the North Pole to tell Santa whether or not the little boy or girl was Nice or Naughty. Nana and Pa got this for Ben so we could start our tradition.

Our elf has shown up in our kitchen, the ledge on our staircase and this morning up in our lighting fixture. Benjamin loves to find him every morning. Before he goes to bed I manage to take the Elf and hide him so Ben thinks he has already left for Santa.

This morning I just asked Ben what the Elf's name is and he told me..........Duncan. I have NO idea where in the world he got that name from but hey it works and I will call him that every year. So far Ben tries to be good and understands but I think he wont fully understand until next year.

The Elf comes with a book to read the little ones about what he does and why he is there. This has been a great new tradition in our family and wanted to share it with everyone else. Stay tuned to where Duncan goes next.

No comments: