Sunday, December 21, 2008

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY BENJAMIN

Well it's official......I have a toddler in the terrible two's. HAHA Benjamin is 2 going on 5. He is becoming more independent by the day and wants to learn every second. I find that if I am doing a gesture or movement Ben is right there with me like a mirror. It is fascinating how children pick up on things and want to try everything we are doing. Still LOVES playing with his cars and pair them up to play with. However he gets the good ones every time while you get the not so nice one.


The first birthday party was actually a baptism/birthday party last week with family. We created a monster when Nana and Pa arrived with his presents from Indiana. Now every time he sees a present he thinks it is for him and wants to open them NOW!!!! After Christmas this child will not open a present for months.....at least not wrapped ones.


After Nana and Pa left Benjamin, mommy and daddy got bad colds that lead to sinus infections for the whole week. Benjamin's second party with his friends had to be cancelled as everyone was still sick......not to mention most of his friends were also sick with either a cold, flu or something. So we will be having a belated birthday party in January. Mommy did go get him a tiny cake and we had a very quiet birthday party. I still can not believe my baby is 2 years old. Seems like just yesterday that he came into this world. Thank goodness he was 10 days early because mommy was done carrying the peanut. Even with all the struggles we went though during labor I wouldn't change a thing. We love you peanut and cant wait to see what else you can teach us.


Talking is still coming slowly however what he is saying is becoming clearer every week. I wish everyone could see him in person as his personality is top notch. His party theme this year was Backyardigans and at one time loved only them.....now he still watches them but they have been replaced by others.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Happy Birthday!!! No worries, Shannon. Two was actually easy... three was the hard year for us! Enjoy! :)